Recipe of Cilbir (Turkish poached eggs)Before you get into the recipe of Cilbir and how to make this Turkish poached Eggs a bit of history behind this video.
Jindal School of Hotel Management, Vadodara, conducted a pop-up egg cookery competition on 6th December 2018. The challenges were stiff with limitation on service time and a small basket of ingredients.
The challenges usually bring out the best in our students. Today was no exception! We had two winners instead of one. The winning dishes were creative, yummy and beautifully presented.
Budding Chef; Nishar Diwan, a final year student of 3 Year Degree in Hotel Management created the featured Dish in the Video: Cilbir – A Turkish Styled Poached Egg.
Step 1: Prepare a spiked up yoghurt by adding garlic and seasoning to Greek Yoghurt.
Step 2: Poach the egg for 3 minutes in a liquid which is just reaching simmering point
Step 3: Place the poached egg on the yoghurt
Step 3: Prepare a spicy butter sauce using butter, garlic, chilly powder and your favourite spices.
Step 4: Pour the butter sauce over the mixture.
Step 5: Enjoy with toasted garlic bread.
Do leave a word of encouragement for Nishar Diwan, if you have enjoyed this recipe.
1. Make poaching liquid using water, lemon juice & maintain the temperature just below simmering point.
2. Swirl the poaching liquid & break an egg carefully into it. Make sure that the egg white do not make strings. Use a perforated spoon to pick up the poached egg.
3. Prepare a Greek Yoghurt base by adding salt and grated garlic to yogurt. It Greek yougurt is not available, strain any yogurt and grate a clove of garlic into it.
4. Place the poached egg on the prepared yoghurt.
5. In a saucepan add butter, garlic, red chilly powder and your favorite spices.
6. Pour the yoghurt sauce over the egg and yoghurt plate.
7. It’s now time to add herbs or sauces of your choice to give a personal touch to this Turkish poached egg.
8. Prepare garlic toast and serve on the side.
9. Enjoy the delicious Cilbir
How To Make Chicken Roulade | Easy Recipehttps://jshm.co.in/
How to Make Chicken Roulade - By JSHM
Chicken Roulade is a classic chicken dish where chicken breasts are stuffed with cheese and vegetables. Follow Dhaval Mehta, one of our students, as he prepares this tasty dish in our kitchen.
Full Recipe of Chicken Roulade-
Pre-heat the oven to 170-degree Fahrenheit.
1. Flatten the chicken breast using a meat hammer. You may also use a rolling pin. Make sure that the chicken breast is kept in between sheets of plastic.
2. Arrange the sliced vegetables and cheese on the flattened chicken breast. By sauteing the vegetables, you can enhance the flavours of stuffing. Zuccinni, Carrots & spinach are our favourite stuffings. Feta can be added if you like a cheesy bite.
3. Roll the chicken breast tightly.
4. Tie using the butchery thread. Be conservative with the amount of thread used.
5. Pan sear the Chicken Roulade.
6. Arrange mirepoix on the baking tray and place the Chicken Roulade.
7. Bake in the oven at 170°C.
8. Slice the Roulade and serve with the brown sauce.
Hope you liked this simple recipe of Chicken Roulade
Subscribe & Stay Tuned at https://www.youtube.com/user/JSHMHOTELSCHOOL
International Chefs Day 2018 ( @ JSHM, Vadodara)Students of Jindal School of Hotel Management extraordinarily celebrated International Chefs day 2018. They did what chefs do best - Feed people and touch their hearts. On this day they decided to feed 150 needy children.
Celebrations began the previous night with the final year students preparing the fruitcake, and they had a lot of fun doing so. The international Chefs day ( 20th October) started early with the cutting and chopping of vegetables for the Dum Biryani. Tangy raita and spicy papad were prepared as accompaniments. Finally, the all-important infusion of charcoal Dum flavour was done.
With the help of the NGO Robin Hood Army, the students of Jindal School of Hotel Management then went into the interiors of the city to feed the needy children. The budding chefs displayed great compassion in their act of service.
The day finally concluded the sound of empty vessels group selfies and brought Smiles on everyone's faces. Just the way International Chefs day should end!
Best Kitchen Band - Jindal School of Hotel Managementwww.jshm.co.in - Students competed hard to claim the best kitchen band trophy in the kitchen music competition conducted at Jindal School of Hotel Management, Vadodara.
Bands from Student bodies and staff members invented creative ways to impress the judges in this kitchen band competition. While few groups focused on creating drum-like beats, others relied on water-filled vessels to recreate xylophone sounds. Some bands even went to the extent of singing to mesmerise the audience.
The enthusiastic response from the Student body was all the encouragement that the participants needed. A total of Eight bands competed in this event. The kitchen instruments used varied from a simple fork to the kitchen dustbin.
Judges scored the teams based on the stage presence, rhythm, variety of instruments used and audience applause.
Choosing just one winner from these fantastic performances was tough. The scale finally tilted towards Masti-Khor band due to the loud applause this kitchen band received from the students of the Jindal School of Hotel Management.
Group dance Boys - Jindal School oh Hotel Managementwww.jshm.co.in -
CSR activity by students of Jindal School of Hotel Managementwww.jshm.co.in - Students and staff of JSHM donated to NGO called Arpan (working for children with special abilities). The money was collected from students and staff for Mufti Fridays.
The video shows JSHM's student president; Mr.Paavan Bhanvadiya along with his batch mate Prachi Shah handing over the cheque to Mr.Jayant Shastry ( Founder of Arpan).
The students of Jindal School of Hotel management showed both humility & a sense of social responsibility by this gesture.
Formal banquet videowww.jshm.co.in - A video showing the training of students for formal banquet in the restaurant at JSHM
Group Steps 1www.jshm.co.in - Amazing garba steps. funny
garba 2014 vidwww.jshm.co.in - Navratri at our college.
Menu Display At Counter 1www.jshm.co.in - Menu at our event - Arabian Cuisine
Fruit Carvingwww.jshm.co.in - One of our students, Himanshu, demonstrating the fruit carving to the school students. During Hospitality spotlight event.