Dual Certification Programme
Bachelors in Hotel and Tourism Management + Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
This is a “one-of-a-kind” program based on an internationally transferable credit system.
A student pursuing this program will be awarded a UGC recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Tourism Management by Sigma University along with a Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management, internationally accredited by César Ritz Colleges, Switzerland.
The Higher Diploma program is designed to hone the entrepreneurial spirit of students looking at business ownership or employment in large and medium-sized hotels and resorts.
With this comprehensive education, you’ll gain a global perspective about the hospitality and tourism industry and be prepared to take on a variety of roles in the field.
Year 1 – Semesters I and II
Through intensive on-campus training and thorough academic grooming, the first year provides students with a fundamental understanding of the industry and its operating principles.
Year 2 – Semesters III and IV
The second year focuses on imparting supervisory skills and management processes.
Through our industry partners, students also participate in a five-month internship programme that is required and intended to give them practical experience in a variety of hospitality-related fields.
Students can gain exposure to daily operations, customer interaction, and real-world dynamics through the internship. This will further help them to develop their interpersonal skills and levels of confidence.
Year 3 – Semesters V and VI
The third year reinforces academic grooming using contemporary teaching methods with a focus on electives that reflect current trends. Renowned industry experts regularly present seminars, that concentrate on core skill development. Additionally, students conduct research projects that hone their analytical and decision-making skills.
After 2.5 years of studies, students are eligible for Credit Transfer to:
- Bachelor of International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management at “César Ritz” Colleges, Switzerland or
- Bachelor of Business Administration at Hotel Institute Montreux, Switzerland, or
- Bachelor of Arts in International Hospitality and Design Management at IHTTI, Neuchatel, Switzerland or
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management / Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality & Event Management / Bachelor of Arts in Event Management at SHMS, Switzerland
The 3-Year Dual Certification Program in hospitality and tourism prepares graduates for a diverse range of career opportunities in the industry. Some of the typical jobs that students may pursue after completing this degree program include:
- Hotel Manager
- Event Planner
- Travel Agent
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Resort Manager
- Tour Guide
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Cruise Director
- Airline Manager
- Casino Manager
Eligibility: 12th Pass
Fees – ₹2,40,000 Annually
The fees are inclusive of: Tuition Fee, Study Materials, Practical Materials, Kitchen and Service Kit, Library and Internet Charges, Lunch and High Tea, Uniform and Exam Fee
Curriculum for Dual Certificate Program
- Sem 1
- Introduction to Front Office Operations
- Introduction to Accommodation Operations
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Tourism Products (Natural & Religious)
- Business Software Applications
- English for Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- NCC / Sports / Yoga
- Sem 2
- Introduction to Food Production
- Introduction to Food and Beverage Service
- Emerging Trends and Contemporary Issues in Tourism
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Food Safety and Nutrition
- Principles of Accounting
- Personal Development and Communication
- Sem 3
- Front Office Management
- Accommodations Management
- Eco Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Beverage Management
- Financial Accounting
- Hospitality French
- Sem 4
- Food Production Management
- Food and Beverage Service Management
- Banquets and Events
- Managing Hospitality Human Resources
- Tourism Destination Management
- Travel Agency and Tour Operation Management
- Principles of Management
- Sem 5
- Internship (17 Weeks)
- Sem 6
- Culinary Trends and Gastronomy
- Planning and Control for Food and Beverage Operations
- Cultural Diversity in Organisations
- PR and E-Marketing for Hospitality and Events
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Hotel Management
- Global Tourism
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER / STUDY
After completion of JSHM Two Year Diploma or Three Year Higher Diploma, students aspiring to enrol into an international degree program have the opportunity to enrol in César Ritz Colleges Switzerland undergraduate program. Students will be able to transfer their credits and receive advanced standing into the program.
Opportunity to transfer JSHM credits towards undergraduate degrees at Swiss Education Group member schools:
- Bachelor of International Business in Hotel & Tourism at César Ritz Colleges, Switzerland
- Bachelor of Business Administration at Hotel Institute Montreux, Switzerland
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management/Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality & Event Management/Bachelor of Arts in Event Management at SHMS, Switzerland
3 Year Degree students and 2 Year Diploma students are eligible for international credit transfers to these programs JSHM also assists with direct enrollment to any of these programs in Switzerland.