Date: 22nd February 2019
Venue: Terrace Garden of Jindal School of Hotel Management, Vadodara
Occasion: Desi-Fusion pop up restaurant “Dholakpur”
Hosts:�Final year students of 3 year BBA in Hotel & Tourism Management
Third-year students of� BBA in Hotel & Tourism Management took up the challenge of creating a commercial pop-up restaurant for one day. The event was a part of their Gastronomy Course assessment.
The pop-up restaurant was a sellout and an enthralling Culinary experience for all the customers.
The terrace of the college was the venue. The elements that made this pop-up a success were:
1. Unique Food: The students took up the challenge to create an international menu from local ( Gujarati ingredients)
2. Wow factor: The decor was traditional. Low seating, traditional welcome, clay vessels and mud art added variety to the ambience. Gujarati Bandhani & Patola sarees�added that extra colour and spark to the overall set up.
3. Entertainment: Live light music and dholak by the students of Tabala section of MS university added to the evening’s attraction.
4. Attractive Pricing:�The entry fee of Rs.500/- made the meals affordable to all. Because of this smart pricing ensured that the pop-up restaurant was a sell-out. Separately priced mocktail menu added to the income stream.
5. The U.S.P: The dessert was aptly named “Chitrakala”. This item was a live food art by the budding chefs of JSHM. The dish consisted of finely balanced 12 items which provided the perfect finish to the meals.
6. Team Spirit: No event can be successful without teamwork. Besides the obvious camaraderie, enthusiasm was in abundance as well in the students of JSHM.
With so much thought and effort gone into the pop-up, the event had to be a success!