It is the skill levels of the students that determine, which is the Top Hotel Management colleges in India.
JSHM, Vadodara organized a hands-on flower arrangement demonstration for the students of BBA Hospitality Management and the batch of Diploma in Hotel Management.
The flower arrangement techniques are a much-needed skill for any Hospitality Graduate. Its contribution towards a positive guest experience cannot be overlooked.
Mr. Khan; Chief Florist at The Grand Mercure Surya Palace Vadodara was the expert invited to conduct this session. The Students of Diploma in Hotel Management assisted Mr. Khan during the demonstration. Later, the students of BBA Hotel Management tried to replicate the magic created by Mr. Khan. The participants enjoyed the exposure to this wide array of floral arrangements. Ms. Saroni Sarkar, our H.O.D for the Room Division, explained the practical use of these arrangements in the day-to-day operations of a hotel.
Types of flower arrangement shown were:
- Fruit and Flower Bouquet – This beautiful flower basket is kept as an amenity in the room. It is also used as a gift for your loved ones.
- Chocolate Flower Basket – A perfect birthday gift
- Ikebana – Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arrangement. It is more than simply putting flowers in a container. It is a disciplined art form in which the arrangement is a living thing. In Ikebana, nature and humanity are brought together
- Oval Flower Basket – Beautiful flower arrangements which are used as a centrepiece on banquet furniture, restaurant buffet area
- A Handheld flower bouquet – Ideal for gifting for any occasion
The students of Diploma in Hotel Management and BBA Hotel Management got valuable hands-on experience in the art of flower arrangement where they could also explore the creative side of their persona.
Mr. Khan says ” Such skill-based learning sessions are certainly the right steps” for an organization that continuously strives to be among the Top Hotel Management colleges in India.
For other JSHM news please click here